International Theatre Conference
Values of Ancient Greek Theatre Across Space & Time: Cultural Heritage and Memory
6 – 7 November 2021
Conference language: Greek and English
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) hosted successfully the International Conference named Values of Ancient Greek Theatre Across Space & Time: Cultural Heritage and Memory with more than 350 registrants. The conference focused on the lasting and, at the same time, ever changing values of ancient Greek theatre which are also research in the context of the three-year long H2020 European programme VAST (Values Across Space and Time) which kickstarted in December 2020.
The conference aimed to create space for the presentation of scientific work in the field of Values. More specifically, organisers were interested to explore how these “old” values concerning Democracy, Human Rights, Freedom, Peace, Rational Thinking, Hegemonic Discourse and Equality, amongst others, travel through time and space, how they are recalled or forgotten, how they are engaged with our variously enclosed existence, by what method they are performed, and how they evolve and/or transfigure in the context of post-modern and post-humanist world boundaries. Academics, young researchers, postgraduate students, and artists presented topics that fall under the aforementioned areas of interest and thinking.
30 May 2021: Submission of abstracts (approx.150 words) and a short CV (approx. 50 words)
30 October 2021: Final paper submission
6 – 7 November 2021: Online Conference
The Programme: https://www.vast-project.eu/the-programme/
Presentation time: 15 minutes (including use of videos, projections, Q&A etc)
Keynote speech duration: 30 minutes
Language(s): Greek, English
Fee: Free of charge
NOTE 1: The conference proceedings will be published in the form of an e-book.
NOTE 2: All abstracts and final papers should be sent to the members of the Organising Committee.
NOTE 3: Due to the pandemic restrictions, the conference was held online.
- Theodoros Grammatas, Emeritus Professor, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (email@example.com)
- Savas Patsalidis, Emeritus Professor, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Aikaterini (Kaiti) Diamantakou, Associate Professor, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (email@example.com)
- Mary Dimaki Zora, Assistant Professor, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Takis Tzamarias, Special Scientific Staff, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens – director (email@example.com)